The ScoutTools service is offered in a two-tiered solution allowing councils to utilize the software tools as needed.
Tier 1 - Base Website Package Features
Base Website Package includes features to allow a Boy Scout Council to maintain a website presence on the Internet and to provide Scouts, Scouters, and the public information about Scouting (program, advancement, training) and the Council (staff, program, events and activities, news, recruitment and membership).
- Website design, setup and hosting
- ScoutTools Content Management System to create and maintain website content.
Content Management System includes…
- Content editing direct from your browser – no additional software needed.
- Flexible category structure and management tools to maintain the structure and look of your website.
- Full user management to control access and provide an approval pipeline for content.
- Full access to “Common Content” provided on ScoutTools server. Includes Scouting program information, Forms Library, Graphics Library.
- Back end data tools for maintaining council information...
- Currently includes – Districts, Units, Commissioners
- Soon to include – Awards (all levels), Council and District Committees, Merit Badge Counselors, Eagle Scouts, other data
- User management features also control who has access to update each
type of data.
- MyCouncil® "Subscriber Account” features...
- Subscription email lists and electronic newsletters
- User Profiles allow segmented marketing capabilities to feed targeted information to subscribers.
- Personal preferences to collect and store council related information in
Tier 2 - Payment Processing and Registration Package Features
This package is an add-on to the ScoutTools service. It is not required to host or maintain a website. This package is available to Councils who wish to participate in online commerce and payment processing. This package includes…
- Online Payment Processing
- Event registrations, Donations, other types of direct payments.
- Event Registration
- Events stored in the ScoutTools database are extended to include payment processing and registration attributes.
- Multiple payment levels and timeframes are supported to allow you flexibility in defining registration parameters.
- Registration tracking tools allow staff to monitor attendance levels track participation.
- Shopping Cart Functionality
- Ability to sell council merchandise both direct from a Council Scout Shop or as an add-on to events – (example – register for an event and buy an extra t-shirt).